So we were tagged by fallinlovewiththesoundofwords for the Liebster Award, and it was so nice of her to include our blog.
We’ve only been here for about a month and everyone’s been really kind to welcome us. Thank you from the bottom of my weird heart. You guys were awesome!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Answers from Paige will be marked with a P, and answers from Yasmin will be marked with a Y.
1. Do you travel? What is your favorite place to go to?
P: I do travel. I have wanderlust so I’m always on the road. I prefer to go at the beach actually. Philippines has more than 7000 islands so island hopping is easy and cheap 🙂
Y: I do! My parents love to travel, in the US, and worldwide. I have relatives from Malaysia, and every year we meet up somewhere. Over this summer, I visited Germany, Italy, and Switzerland! It was really fun. (:
2. What is your favorite animal?
P: Cats. They’re jaded and aloof but the moment that you earned their love, it’s magical. 🙂
Y: Cats as well. 😛 I have a black cat who: insists on sleeping at the foot of my bed EVERY night, scratches furniture, and eats way too much.
3. Do you write, or are you purely a reader?
P: I do write short stories if I feel like it, but lately I’m purely a reader 🙂
Y: I’ve always been a reader. I honestly have no fun writing.
4. What was the book that turned you into a reader?
P: Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle.
Y: This might surprise many, but Divergent by Veronica Roth.
5. Name your two top favorite series.
P: The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey and The Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson
Y: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling and Divergent by Veronica Roth
6. Do you have a comfort food?
P: Hmm. Pizza?
Y: Panera Bread.
7. What book (s) are you currently reading?
P: Dukes are Forever by Anna Harrington
Y: I’m rereading Harry Potter and the Prisoners of Azkaban.
8. Do you have any pets?
P: I’ve got hordes of them.
Y: A cat.
9. What was your favorite subject in school?
P: English and Mythology.
Y: Math (I’ve never really enjoyed English, despite being a bookworm.)
10. How did you get started in blogging?
P: Yasmin blackmailed me. Just kidding, she invited me to be an admin with her blog and the rest is history.
Y: I made an account.
11. What are your hopes for the future for your blog?
P: That a lot of people would appreciate it.We spend time in each blog post so I hope that either some people can learn something about it or maybe they’ll appreciate what we wrote 🙂
Y: I hope that I can make new friends, and become a better reviewer thanks to this blog. And like Paige said, I hope people will like it/us.
11 Random facts about yours truly (Paige):
- I hate spiders. I hate them like Harry hates Malfoy.
- I’m very picky when it comes to vegetables. As much as possible, I don’t eat them if I could get away with it.
- I’ve never been french kissed. (How does it feel?)
- I don’t smoke. I hate the smell of cigarettes.
- I suck at singing. Really really sucked at it.
- I’m interested in forensic science but I could never be a medical examiner because I think I can’t stand slicing a body even if it’s a dead one..
- I hate mediocrity. I love things and people that thinks beyond the box.
- I’m a fan of books and movies that shows the dark side of human nature.
- I’m not very friendly in real life. Sorry, that’s true. I’m not a people’s person and it always took me awhile to warm up with someone. I don’t have a lot of friends but those who are are the people that I really value.
- I’ve never experienced being drunk. I don’t even drink beer or alcoholic drinks except wine.
- I’m bipolar with a mild OCD.
11 Random facts about Yasmin:
- My biggest pet peeve is when people fold/make creases on my papers. aGh.
- My favorite movie is Forrest Gump (you should watch it if you haven’t it’s hilarious, and touching too).
- I play tennis and do swim team.
- I have a weird obsession with using pens to draw on my hands (especially during school when I’m bored).
- I love Harry Potter, and had a fan account (@magicalwizards | instagram) which got hacked.
- My birthday falls on Thanksgiving some years.
- I play the trombone, and piano (kudos to 7 years of lessons, yet I still suck).
- I can ski and snowboard.
- I’m trilingual, I can speak English (no shit), Mandarin (thanks Mom for forcing me to take lessons for 9 years), and Spanish (thanks school).
- The new GR’s font’s are so weird! (Just noticed them as I was writing this). And they NEED 1/2 star ratings.
- I am a huge believer in Panera Bread. The chicken tortelini alfredo and the thai chicken salad are both heavenly.
Here are the questions for the blogs that we tagged (made by Paige):
- How many books can you read a month?
- If you can be in a fictional world, which would you choose and why?
- What’s your deepest, darkest fear?
- Are you a tea person or a coffee person?
- If someone will buy you 3 books that you dreamed of having, what will it be?
- Do you like Donald Trump to be the POTUS? Because if yes, better to dissolve our friendship…
- If you could have one magical power, what would it be?
- Favorite movie/tv show?
- Ultimate book boyfriend/girl crush?
- A book that crushed your heart?
- What’s your favorite book cover?
Tag! Your it:
Anna and Chelsea of Starcrossedbookblog
Syc of thelitmermaid
Bajenc of bajenreads
Aimee, C.J, Sara, Zoe and Marga of deadlydarlings
Alina of radiantreads
Bree of literaryhellion
Anna of the mybookishdream
Nicay of queennicaybooks.wordpress.com
Pearl Angeli of bibliopearl.wordpress.com
Kelly of stellarscrutinyblog.wordpress.com