Hey everyone! It’s Yasmin. Paige and I haven’t done a discussion post in quite a while, so I made “Sticky Stuff”, a feature for discussing bookish things. (Credit to Clockworkitten on YouTube for the name <3) This post’s topic is: hardcovers or paperbacks?
Pros of hardcovers:
– they last longer
– they look nicer (in my opinion)
– usually the first edition in which a book is released in
Cons of hardcovers:
– more expensive
Pros of paperbacks:
– much cheaper
– light and easy to carry around
Cons of paperbacks:
– spine can break (*internally cringes so hard*)
– more prone to damage/doesn’t last as long
– released usually up to a year after the book is published
Personally, I prefer buying paperbacks. I have most of my favorite series in hardcover, like Harry Potter, so they’ll last a long time. But when it comes to just taking a trip to Barnes and Nobles, I’d rather just get more books, even if the quality of those books is lower.
I think a huge contributing factor to my opinion, though, is that I’m still in school and I’m not exactly taking baths in money (i wish though).
What edition do you prefer: hardcovers or softcovers, and why? 😀