Fantasy: That would be Valek and Yelena from Poison Study Series. Valek is just so sexy and their love for each other is constant and unwavering. Both lived in a different country and both are number one on “the most feared individual of the year ” so…they rock.
Contemporary: I choose Drew Runous and Ashley Winston of Beauty and the Mustache. Drew is dreamy and is the combination of a Viking God and a poet. I swooned when I read his poems for Ashley..
“If I told you I love you now
How many seconds would it take
How long would you allow
All that I am to break
I turn away
Before you can see
How badly I need you to stay
- Valek baby
- Kell of A Darker Shade of Magic
- Percy Jackson (bae)
Valek would probably propose quietly to Yelena seeing that information like this (them being a couple) could put their lives in danger. Drew on the other hand, would probably write love notes for Ashley to find..
Oh a lot. Let’s see. There’s the Twilight pairing that makes me puke, the Selection pairing and that Red Queen galore. I hate all of them.
My least favorite would be that step-brother romance. It sounds incestuous. And that “easily swayed by the hero because he’s got washboard abs and sparkling brown eyes” trope that is mainly found in NA books. I hate that shit.
My favorite one is the slow-paced kind of love. Like if there’s gonna be 3 books in the series, I would rather have my OTP declare their undying love for each other on the last book because I sure as hell know that if they say ILY in the first book, either one will die , there will be another person to butt in thus making it a love triangle or something bad will happen to the MC and all of that would probably happen in the 2nd book.
Wax and Wayne’s bromance. Like they are the bestest of best friends. I love it when authors give the readers some main characters that love each other genuinely.
“Of course not. I’d have shot you right in the head, Wayne.”
“You’re a good friend,” Wayne said. “Thanks, Wax.”
“You’re the only person I know that I can cheer up by promising to kill him.”
Valek and Yelena: When Valek disguises as the Lord Commander just to see Yelena on the other country.That was very hard to do because a lot of magicians are around and Valek can get caught which might caused a war between 2 countries..
Drew and Ashley: When Drew talks about books with Ashley. Ashley is a bookworm and to find someone who understands the power of words and share it with you is too precious..
Valek would probably sneak in into Sitia just to see Yelena and they would probably go into the Illiais Jungle just for Yelena to spend time with her family and for Valek to be with her without the fear of being discovered by spies.
Drew and Ashley would probably have a hot sex.
So that’s it. I enjoyed doing this tag and it makes me remember my favorite couples and their stories.. Gonna do a reread soon.
I tag everyone! You guys are welcome to do this ♥
Btw, here are the questions for easy copy-pasting:
1. Your favorite book couple.
2. Your top 3 book boy/girlfriends.
3. Imagine your favorite book couple. Who would propose, and how? (If there’s already been a proposal: who would be more into organizing the wedding?)
4. Unpopular opinions time! Name a popular pairing you can’t stand.
5. What’s your favorite and least favorite romance trope?
6. Do you ship non-canon couples often? Name some if you do.
7. Your opinion on love triangles. Go!
8. Favorite and least favorite love triangle?
9. Sometimes romance just isn’t the way to go. Favorite friendship?
10. What’s your favorite scene with your bookish OTP?
11. Imagine your favorite book couple again. Who’s most excited about Valentine’s Day (either ironically or genuinely)?