Confession 1: I love a lot of guys.
Confession 2: They are all fictional.
Let’s be honest, part of being a bookworm is falling in love with a certain hero/character and the more you read, the more book boyfriends you’ll have. But what is a book boyfriend?
It’s when you consider a certain character very attractive and his traits are something that you
obsess in a potential boyfriend.
I tried compiling my book boyfriends and put them into different categories. Some of them might differ in you opinion and you might add some things about them. I would love to hear your side and it’s much fun if we share book boyfriends to each other.
YA Charming Book Boyfriends- The type where you’re just helplessly in love with them because they stole your heart with their winks, their words and their actions.
- Augustus Waters of The Fault in Our Stars: Tell me. Tell me if Gus isn’t charming and I’ll swallow a big marshmallow without even chewing it. This dude is endearing and just look at this.
2. Carswell Thorne of The Lunar Chronicles: I’m really not into Princes so Kai is not in my list. But a dashing captain/thief who is a proclaimed ladies man? Count me in.
3. Adrian Ivashkov of Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series: Let’s just say I’m fascinated with dashing vampire with green eyes.
YA boyfriends who are sarcastic / has a dry wit: boys who says the silliest and the most sarcastic things but you still can’t help but be charmed with them.
- Will Herondale: Will freaking Herondale. There’s something really classy and amazing with a character who is British and hilariously vain. I love how selfless Will is when it comes to his friends and for Tessa and (spoiler alert) MY HEART BROKE WHEN HE HAD A BREAKDOWN WHEN HE THOUGHT JEM DIED AND THEIR PARABATAI BOND WAS BROKEN.
2. Percy Jackson : My middle grade self was in love with him when it was still the PJO series. My Young Adult self is still in love with him after the Heroes of Olympus series because guuuurl. If you need a demigod to fell in love with, it’s PERSEUS JACKSON that you need.
YA Boyfriends who are the protector type: boys who are known for selflessly protecting their loved ones.Swoon.
- Kell of A Darker Shade of Magic : Kell Kell Kell. If you’ve read ADSOM, either you have a crush on Rhys or Kell or both. You can’t deny it. And how can you resist Kell when his coat is one of the most amazing fictional stuff ever. And I ship the bromance of Kell and Rhys.
2. Rowan Whitehorn of the “Throne of Glass”series: If ever I would be given a chance to have a partner in crime,I would choose Rowan. He’s a great fighter, he’s loyal and he’s hot.
YA boyfriends who are the best friend type: YA heroes who are usually best friends or/are best friends material that you can’t help but love.
- Gale Hawthorne: anyone here who ships Gale? And Liam Hemsworth is hawt guys.
2. Ron Weasley of HP series: Really. Do I need to say more?
3. Park Sheridan of Eleanor and Park: This dude is the best. I don’t usually read contemporary YA but there’s something with Park that is different with the usual YA hero. He’s selfless and kind and has the most beautiful soul ever.
So these are my book boyfriends and I lurrrve them all.Who are your book boyfriends? Feel free to share.